As a small law firm owner, you have cases that keep on coming your way, pressing for your continued attention. Your secretary looks even busier, preparing all the required documents and handling all the paralegal activities. But still you have anxious moments on the eleventh hour of every activity be it preparing the final legal document or attending court sessions or taking adjournment dates. So how do you effectively handle all these? This is where a virtual assistant steps in.
Most law firms, as they grow, are finding it difficult to handle more secretaries, who in turn handle the escalating back office and other legal work load. This is why most of these law firms are smartly switching on to virtual assistants, who get your back office and other paralegal tasks done without much bothering you mentally and physically. This is where a virtual assistant heavily scores over your regular secretary. Most of these virtual assistants offer specialized services for law firms like:
- Preparing all the necessary legal documents like: wills, power of attorney, legal and court forms, company documents, legal agreements and so on
- Managing documents, converting formats, typing, proofreading, transcription, and other back-office jobs
- Doing the research required for your cases based on your instructions
- Handling all your client calls and making calls to collect information
- Maintaining all your accounts and help you in filing your tax returns
- Liaising with all your legal aids and other offices as per your instructions
Other benefits of hiring a virtual assistant
- You don’t need to worry about recruiting back office staff and secretaries. You can completely avoid the recruitment process, training and all the other regular staff benefits.
- Imagine you have an important document to be written and your secretary fails to turn up, situations like these can ruin your entire day. But, with a virtual assistant engaged you can absolutely relax and get your job done, 24×7.
- Even with regular back office staff most of the regular work gets pending due to the additional and incoming cases. However, with a virtual assistant you can easily get all your pending tasks done in the fastest possible time and avoid backlogs.
- Most virtual assistant’s service come for a fraction of the cost incurred to maintain your regular full time staff. This not only reduces your cost overheads but also improves your total work efficiency and helps you focus on your core work.
You can choose the right virtual assistant by looking at their service offering and if they have specialized services for law firms the more profitable they will turn out to be. Majority of the law firms who are using virtual assistants are reported to have drastically increased their work efficiencies. So if you still haven’t engaged one, it’s time you give this a serious thought.