The current presidential election talks a lot about emails and sexual predators, but what about small businesses? Come November 8th lots of things can change, and as a small business owner you should be aware of how this could affect your business. Laws and regulations can be a minor annoyance, or hinder your ability to grow. So, let’s look at the two candidates and see what they have to say about small businesses.
We’ve all heard the story about Hillary’s father running a small business printing drapery fabrics and we’ve heard her say time and time again how much she wants to support small businesses. So what does she want to do?
- Unlocking access to capital.
- Cutting red tape to streamline the process of starting a small business.
- Providing tax relief and simplification for small businesses.
- Incentivize health care benefits for small businesses and their employees.
- Opening new markets.
- Making sure small businesses get paid-not stiffed.
- Supporting small-business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Make the federal government more responsive to small business.
Check out her website for more information on her policies:
Besides building walls Trump wants to rebuild our economy, and bring jobs back to the U.S. Here are some of his big plans.
- Create a dynamic booming economy that will create 25 million new jobs over the next decade.
- Reform policies with a pro-growth tax plan, a new modern regulatory framework, an American-First trade policy, an unleashed American energy plan, and the “penny plan.”
- The greatest percentage reduction in tax bill goes to working and middle class taxpayers.
- Lower the business tax rate to 15%.
- Tax brackets in the individual income tax will be reduced from 7 to 3. Eliminate the carried interest loophole for Wall Street.
- Ensure that every single one of our trade agreements increases our GDP growth rate, reduces our trade deficit, and strengthen our manufacturing base.
Check out his website for more information on her policies:
Voting is a privilege that we as American’s are fortunate to have. It is important to go out an vote tomorrow, and more importantly to educate yourself on the issues that help you form your decision. Your vote is important, and it can affect your business! Here’s a link to help you find the closest polling place to you: https://pollingplaces.democrats.org